The rantings and ravings of the "other" Mann family

Monday, February 19, 2007

Are you in awe?

Have you ever been in a church when no one was there...



I was at Glad Tidings this week when no one else was there. I wandered into the sanctuary and was suddenly in awe of the place. This wasn't just a room, it was a sanctuary. A place to meet God. I know that as Christians we believe that we can meet with God anytime and anyplace... but there is still something about a church sanctuary that amazes me. You really feel the presence of God in that place. It really is hallowed ground. I felt like whispering was too loud. I couldn't help but be in awe of the power of God and the amazing way he loves us and lets us get close to him.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Hi Shantala - I'm posting this on March 6th, 2007... 8 years ago today I got married there! We would've been the first wedding with the new carpet & pews but someone else's "quickie" wedding snuck in front of us! haha! It is a very serene place when empty though... and big!