There are moments in my day when all the phone lines are busy, the waiting room is full of patients and the stack of things to do is huge. In those moments I have to remember to take a deep breath and keep on going. The other day was just one of those days. At the end of the day all I wanted was to get home... But ... God wanted to remind me of something...Him.
I got packed up, locked the door and started walking. I put my mp3 player on and David Crowder started to sing. I was drawn into a holy moment. As the songs played God began to remind me of how much he loved me. Of how easily we can forget to lean on him for our every need. Sometimes we fail to see how thirsty our souls are for Him.
As I walked home the song only you began to play. Tears filled my eyes. I knew I needed God. I knew that I was dry and thirsty for Him. He began to wash over me with His love and fill me up with his spirit. I felt fresh and new... alive again.
I wanted to share this because I know that I am not the only one out there who needs to be reminded of our need for Him. Take the time to remember your first love. To be born again!
Only You ~David Crowder
Take my heart, I lay it down
At the feet of you who's crowned
And take my life, I'm letting go
I lift it up, to you who's throned
And I will worship you Lord
Only you Lord
And I will bow down before you
Only you, Lord
Take my fret, take my fear
All I have I'm leaving here
Be all my hopes be all my dreams
Be all my delights, be my everything
And it's just you and me here now
Only you and me here now
You should see the view
When it's only you
The rantings and ravings of the "other" Mann family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment