I am the kind of person who considers my friends my family. They are dear loved ones. I say this to share a piece of my heart.
I have watched many of my friends go through hard things in their lives, and have tried to be there the best way I knew how; and with all I have seen, I don't think there is anything harder than watching a friend fall away from God. Its hard because I can't make the choices for them. I have to watch and wait, and entrust them into God's hands. That for me is VERY hard. I want sooo much to be there and help them through every step of the way. . . but its not my job, that is God's job alone. It is my job as a friend to be there when my friends need me...but not to get in the way. It is also essential to never take on that all too easy judging role. We are to love and accept everyone as they are. To offer them grace as God does. Its a hard balance to find.
Every time I find myself in this position I find myself being baffled. I just don't know how anyone can choose to walk away from the one person who can give you exactly what you need. Its not that I have never walked away or made mistakes. . . cause believe me I have. Its just that God IS everything we will ever need. I just know in the very depths of me that there is absolutely nothing in this world that will ever be better than what God offers.
We are so often distracted and tempted by things that are fleeting. They are just moments of pleasure with a life forever changed to show for it.
We have but one life... let us not waste these precious moments that we do have. Lets seek him with our whole hearts every day. Lets love more deeply, and forgive more easily. We are called to be salt and light. That means that it is our job to be like Christ. To show grace and love to all those around us. It can be very difficult at times to do this...especially when we try to do it on our own. But we must (all of us) keep our eyes fixed on him who is light in this world, fixed on the one who can fill us overflowing with his Holy Spirit.
If I could choose one thing for my loved ones, it would be that everyone would be passionately in love with God. I want God to be my one consuming passion, my magnificent obsession. And I desperately want that for everyone I know and love.
For my dear loved ones...know that you are prayed for and deeply loved.
The rantings and ravings of the "other" Mann family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment